A southeast based heavy civil contractor is seeking a Project Engineer to join their team in South Florida. The project engineer will report to the Project Manager, and work closely with the Project Superintendent, Foreman, and other skilled trades people onsite.
- Assist Project Manager and work crews for the successful completion of construction projects.
- Oversight of construction activities.
- Perform construction engineering calculations for temporary work structures.
- Prepare construction work plans, including drawings.
- Create and update project schedule.
- Works with Project Manager to ensure procurement of materials from suppliers that are required at the jobsite to complete the project.
- Inventories, checks, examines and measures materials received to ensure quality and quantity.
- Interprets project plans and specifications.
- Provides work control lines and elevations that are required for accurate measurement and correct installation of materials by crafts, i.e., forms for concrete pours, anchor bolts, piping hangers and supports, etc.
- Checks as-built conditions that require the use of surveying techniques.
- Coordinates surveying activities with the project surveyor to meet the construction requirements.
- Ensures that project team members and work crews work in a safe manner and are knowledgeable of safe work practices and policies.
- Participates in Safety and Environmental initiatives that will contribute to compliance of State/Federal regulations and improve existing Company programs.
- A four year degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Science or related discipline, or related discipline required.
- Prior work experience in the marine construction industry preferred but not required.
- Working knowledge of Project Management, Marine Construction Materials, Procurement, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Tracking Software, Cost Control Engineering & Project Standards, and Safety & Environmental Compliance.