An industry leading multifamily builder has an immediate opening for a Preconstruction Manager
to oversee preconstruction and estimating activities of multifamily projects.
- Lead design and construction document phases of the project
- Manage financials, risk management, and client relations of assigned projects during preconstruction to issuing subcontracts
- Collaborate with architects, engineers and other design contacts
- Stay up to date on new technology in the industry
- Develop RFP for design-build subcontractors
- Develop pricing models
- Maintain pricing data
- Develop bid scope for trade packages and vet subcontractors to insure compliance with bid scope.
- Write and ensure execution of all subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Manage project buy-out and formalizing subcontractors.
- Prepare take-off and budgets in collaboration with Project Estimators.
- Develop preconstruction schedule and monitor progress.
- Use project management and scheduling software consistently and accurately.
- Responsible for managing billings and cost procedures during preconstruction.
- Conduct team meetings, owner/architect meetings, and budget reviews.
- Technical Skills: ProCore, On-Screen Take-off, Primavera P6, Building Connected, MS Office Suite
- Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related discipline
- 10+ years experience
- Minimum of 4 years as a supervisor overseeing project preconstruction / estimating