A multi-family developer is seeking a Lead Superintendent
to join their team in Chapel Hill, NC. The Project Superintendent is responsible for managing and overseeing the installation of the project work by directing co-workers and coordinating, and directing other trades on various sized projects including high profile contracts.
This role is responsible for the planning, supervision, productivity and execution of their phase of work as well as managing high level client relationships with professional conduct.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for on-site field supervision and technical management for all operations, including direct supervision of foreman and subcontractors
- Communicates project status in a timely and accurate manner to all appropriate parties.
- Responsible for directly managing the project construction and activities associated with the field operations
- Prepares their team to execute using defined planning processes and ensures team has staged equipment, materials, and workstations
- Works with the project teams including Project Managers, Project Engineers, Foreman, and field personnel to budget and manage labor, equipment/tools, and material
- Understands project information and is able to identify obstacles and opportunities for their phase of work.
- Ensures entire field and project team have a thorough understanding of project-specific contract documents (specifications, drawings, submittals, etc.)
- Responsible for ensuring project execution goals are met for their portion of work.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Experience in multifamily construction to include podium, mid rise, and mixed use
- Ability to effectively communicate with vendors, clients, and all levels of the organization
- Working knowledge of construction techniques and trades
- Flexibility and able to work with tight deadlines
- $140,000 - $160,000 depending on abilities and experience. Exact compensation may vary and has potential to increase depending on client.