A Florida-based commercial construction company is seeking a Construction Superintendent
with big box retail, commercial, and/or grocery experience to provide overall on-site administrative and technical management for a wide range of construction projects.
- Leading and managing the on-site construction team.
- Coordinating and overseeing all work on site.
- Attending production meetings.
- Reviewing and becoming familiar with the schedule and budget, and ensuring adherence to these.
- Ensuring quality standards are met.
- Placing orders for materials, and is responsible for equipment and materials on site.
- Following the project timeline to ensure deadlines are met.
- Monitoring and ensuring on-site safety compliance, cleanliness, and orderliness.
- Maintaining records for site personnel such as daily field reports, field orders, and RFIs.
- Liaising with inspection authorities regarding approvals.
- 10+ years of construction, design and management required.
- Prior grocery / big box retail experience required
- Extensive knowledge of design, scheduling, cost control, quality control and engineering drawings.
- Physical demands include occasionally lifting to 50 lbs. and coming into contact with ongoing construction conditions.