A national concrete subcontractor has an opening for a Field Safety Manager on their team in the Nashville, Tennessee. The Field Safety Manager is expected to spend 90% of time on site and is responsible for monitoring and promoting site safety of direct reports including Field Safety Representatives.
The ideal candidate will have comprehensive knowledge of safety field operations for assigned tasks including planning, coordinating, and communicating safety regulations.
- Advocates and encourages safe behaviors and conditions and provides correction when necessary
- Assists in development, implementation and coordination of the safety training programs.
- Conducts accident/incident investigations including root cause analysis and generates reports if necessary
- Participates in staff and craft safety training
- Supervises lower level Field Safety Representatives and Coordinators
- Ensures a safe work work environment through safety inspections on construction site
- Ensures direct reports understanding of and compliance with all company safety policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's Degree in a safety related major and 4+ years of concrete construction and safety experience OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of safety field operations in structural concrete construction
- OSHA 500 training certification