Seeking a Commercial Estimator
to provide overall coordination and strategy to prepare cost estimates for designated projects during the bidding or negotiation process.
To be successful as an Estimator, you should have excellent communication skills, great attention to detail, are numbers centric, and naturally inquisitive. Outstanding Estimators are able to negotiate with a range of professionals, make accurate time and cost estimates, and resolve any issues that arise.
- Determining the total cost of materials, equipment, utilities, and labor for construction projects.
- Researching construction documents and analyzing specifications.
- Preparing estimates for planning, organizing, and scheduling project work.
- Managing pre-qualification and pre-bid submissions.
- Preparing estimates to meet project goals, such as setting work hours, sequencing tasks, obtaining materials, and securing the best deals with vendors and subcontractors.
- Ensuring that relevant documents and budgets are submitted before a bid deadline.
- Regularly reporting to Management and keeping clients updated on the project status.
- Formulating contingency plans and effectively managing risks that might impact cost and time estimates.
- Keeping track of the latest estimating technology and industry-related techniques.
- Collaborating with other teams, conducting site visits, and providing other services, like bid deliveries, when required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Architectural Engineering, Construction Management, or related discipline.
- 10+ years experience as an Estimator in the commercial sector.
- Exceptional time management, multitasking, and interpersonal skills.
- Brilliant management and negotiation skills.
- Ability to closely collaborate with other project teams and stakeholders.
- Excellent research, proposal writing, and oral presentation skills.
- Extensive knowledge of best industry practices and standards.
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrable competency with software such as Procore, BlueBeam