A heavy civil general contractor is seeking a full-time Workforce Development Manager
to help grow their team. This position will be responsible for attracting, screening, sourcing, interviewing applicants and assisting in the onboarding process for field resource positions. The manager will develop and oversee employee training for all levels, positions, and special needs. The manager will be responsible for the entire employment cycle of talent from a time of hiring need to the further education and advancement of employees. The manager will partner with management to ensure workforce development is aligned with business goals, mission statement and objectives.
- Design and implement an overall strategy to ensure a high-quality workforce.
- Design and implement workforce training programs for each level or position.
- Cleary and professionally communicate with candidates and hiring managers to ensure a smooth and efficient recruitment and onboarding process.
- Manage the processes with BirdDog HR.
- Assist with new hire onboarding, background checks, safety, and operational training.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws and compliance with policies.
- Promote the company image and join Workforce Development efforts of state agencies and professional associations such as: Alabama Road Builders Association, Florida, and Georgia Associations and AGC.
- Able to travel occasionally to project sites, job fairs and miscellaneous meetings.
- Bilingual, English and Spanish, would be helpful.
- Degree in a related field or 5-10 years work experience in Human Resources, Education or Workforce Development.
- Experience in Construction industry recruitment and education
- Self-Starter, strong organizational skills.
- Strong technical skills (Microsoft Office and Applicant Tracking Systems)
- Skilled in using social media platforms, networking, and creative methods of attracting talent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, work with a sense of urgency, multitask, team player, and a willingness to help where needed.