A highly reputable, national developer/builder is seeking an Assistant Project Manager to join their team in Washington. DC. The Assistant Project Manager reports to the Project Manager on high density residential and mixed-use projects to ensure that they are completed safely, on time, and within budget. The Assistant Project Manager helps manage all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, cost control, general supervision and labor relations under the direction of the Project Manager.
- Establish and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project
- Review plans and specifications for coordination and value engineering.
- Assist in the review, processing and tracking of all RFI’s, Submittals, Shop Drawings and related consultant reviews and responses and jurisdictional permitting.
- Prepare and maintain project logs recording the processing of such within the Company project management software reporting systems.
- Work with Project Engineers and Superintendents to help resolve any constructability issues.
- Assist and track all permits required by governing jurisdiction.
- Assist in bidding and buy-out of materials, services and scopes of work on assigned projects.
- Assist in field office set-up mobilization efforts for the project
- Assist in the preparation and review of for Subcontractor Scopes of Work.
- From initial bid through the final payment, ensure that the project costs are properly documented, controlled and forecasted on a monthly basis. This includes the maintenance of buyout logs, change order logs, and cost reports using project management and accounting software..
- Assist with the compliance to and enforcement of the terms and conditions of the prime contract, subcontracts and purchase orders
- 2 - 4 years related experience including knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, and scheduling and safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture or engineering, or related discipline
- Ability to communicate well in English both written and verbally.
- Software knowledge: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MS project. Competency in Procore and Textura a plus
- Strong organization, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate contracts, manage personnel, meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality
- $80,000 - $120,000 depending on abilities and experience. Exact compensation may vary and has potential to increase depending on client.