The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for working to ensure high density residential and mixed-use projects are completed safely, on time, and within budget. The Assistant Project Manager helps manage all aspects of the project including planning, scheduling, and cost control.
- Establish and maintain project schedules using Microsoft Project or other selected scheduling software.
- Review plans and specifications for coordination and value engineering.
- Assist in the review, processing and tracking of all RFI’s, Submittals, Shop Drawings and related consultant reviews and responses and jurisdictional permitting.
- Prepare and maintain project logs recording the processing of such within the Company project management software reporting systems.
- Work with Project Engineers and Superintendents to help resolve any constructibility issues.
- Assist and track all permits required by governing jurisdiction.
- Assist in bidding and buy-out of materials, services and scopes of work on assigned projects.
- Assist in field office set-up mobilization efforts for the project
- Ensure all personnel development and training required is completed. As directed organize and train field and office staff to properly perform their duties. Adhere to the “Organization Chart” indicating lines of responsibility and staff relationships, and monitor teamwork.
- From initial bid through the final payment, ensure that the project costs are properly documented, controlled and forecasted on a monthly basis. This includes the maintenance of buyout logs, change order logs, and cost reports using project management and accounting software.
- Assist with the compliance to and enforcement of the terms and conditions of the prime contract, subcontracts and purchase orders.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 2-4 years related experience including knowledge of construction procedures, building codes, estimating, and scheduling and safety procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in construction management, architecture or engineering.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and MS project.
- Experience with Procore and Textura a plus
- Strong organization, time-management, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to negotiate contracts, manage personnel, meet deadlines and goals, and maintain confidentiality