An Orlando architecture and interior design firm that specializes in a wide range of design services such as commercial, executive offices, mixed-use high rise, multi-family and interiors is enthusiastically seeking a licensed Architect to join their team as a Project Manager
to fulfill the following responsibilities for various projects, typical multiple projects at the same time.
- Proposal writing and fee tabulations with consultants.
- Zoning code research (as needed)
- Site concept plans for site feasibility (unit count/mix, building configurations, parking counts/layout)
- Civil / landscape coordination
- Coordinate design/elevations/3D/renderings (if needed for this phase)
- Coordinate and provide submittal items needed for discretionary submissions and approvals (as needed)
- Attend discretionary review meetings (as needed)
- Full scope proposal/contract
- Implement work plan that involves hours and schedule planning with staff
- Coordinate schedule & fees with consultants
- Seek client input on design criteria
- Guide and manage design process and deliverables
- Create and coordinate detailed Revit model(s) from concept model/layout or previous project
- Check Revit model for consistency and accuracy
- Implement/coordinate design with project team and client
- Unit plan design and coordination with client
- Building code/life safety code requirements
- Select/provide UL details for rated assemblies & firestops
- Consultant coordination (MEP/S, ID, LA, low voltage)
- Manage production of CD’s and project team
- Coordination and prelim review of submissions
- Coordination and implementation of client, third party & company QC comments
- Client coordination, attend weekly/bi-weekly design coordination calls/virtual meetings/in-person meetings (as needed)
- Specification book
- Coordinate with third party renderer (as needed)
- Coordination of invoicing and confirmation project is on budget and schedule
- Confirm submittal requirements
- Prepare permit submittal package (all plans & documents)
- Submit permits (online or in person per requirements)
- Confirm fees due (initial & final)
- Track permit status and give weekly updates to client
- Obtain plan review comments, coordinate with reviewers as needed and manage team to address comments
- Provide comment response letters/revision narratives and supporting documents
- Resubmittals to address comments
- Response to questions from bidders (as needed)
- Review VE options for viability
- Update plans for owner accepted VE items
- Provide add service fees for appropriate changes
- Review GMP current drawing and document list for accuracy
Education & Qualifications:
- Provide “For Construction” set to GC
- Provide CAD exports/file sharing with GC/subs (as needed)
- Respond to RFI’s and submittals in support of CA staff
- Revise and coordinate consultant plan changes required during construction
- Issue ASI/Submission for revisions when needed with revision narrative
- Attend OAC calls/meetings (as needed)
- Perform monthly site visits/pay app reviews (as needed)
- Generate field reports for site visits as needed
- Issue substantial completion form
- Have an accredited B.Arch or M.Arch degree (advanced degree preferred; exceptional candidates exhibiting equal skills will be considered).
- Pursuing or currently hold (Florida) registration.
- A minimum of 5+years related experience.
- Mastery of Revit, Word, Excel is necessary. AutoCAD is optional.
- Knowledge of other graphics and business software would be helpful.
- Applicant must be experienced in the development of full sets of architectural construction documents using Revit.
- A full understanding how buildings go together.
- Be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
- Be capable of being involved in multiple projects simultaneously.
- Be resourceful and able to resolve issues.
- Be reliable and well-organized.
- Currently living/willing to move to the Central Florida area, and are legally able to work in the United States.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $85,000-$90,000 depending on experience. Exact compensation may vary and has potential to increase depending on client.